Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Punching presses are widely used in the processing industry, such as mechanical presses, pneumatic presses, and hydraulic presses. Today’s article mainly introduces the pneumatic punching machine from the concept, application, working principle, structure, and other aspects.
What is a Pneumatic Punch Machine
Pneumatic punches are also called pneumatic presses, pneumatic punches, and air presses. A pneumatic punching machine is composed of three parts: body, controller, and pneumatic accessories. The body of the pneumatic punch press is divided into a C-shaped structure, a single-column structure, a four-column three-plate structure, and other structures. The controller has simple functions such as pressure holding and pneumatic control to close the solenoid valve, thereby controlling the up and down movement of the cylinder. Pneumatic accessories generally include filters, solenoid valves, quick connectors, speed control valves, and so on.
Pneumatic Punch Press Application Fields
A pneumatic punching machine is suitable for punching various metal and non-metal pipes and plates. The specific areas are as follows:
Machinery industry: mechanical stamping parts, metal stamping parts, automotive stamping parts, drawing parts, metal drawing parts, stamping sheet metal parts processing, etc.;
Communication industry: electronic communication accessories processing, etc.;
Electrical industry: electrical cabinets, lighting parts processing, etc.;
Commodity industry: toys, furniture, sports equipment, kitchen utensils, dried fruit tongs, packaging materials, stickers, mobile phone films, gaskets, speaker nets, etc.;
Road transportation industry: transportation supplies, automobile safety protection supplies, automobile and motorcycle, and accessories products, etc.
Office supplies industry: power cabinets, ATM shells, air-conditioning parts, printers, copier racks, and various precision sheet metal processing.
The Working Principle of Pneumatic Punch
A pneumatic punching machine uses the high-pressure gas generated by the compressor to deliver compressed gas to the solenoid valve of the pneumatic punching machine through a pipeline. The solenoid valve is controlled by the control switch of the pneumatic punching machine to control the work and up and down of the cylinder of the pneumatic punching machine to achieve punching, bending, and riveting purpose. The compressed air can be stored in the air storage tank and can be used at any time, so there is no waste of energy when the motor is idling. Use the cylinder of the pneumatic punch as the working part and the solenoid valve of the pneumatic punch as the control element. The pneumatic punch has a simple structure, simple maintenance, low maintenance cost, easy operation, and good management. The 220V power supply is used to realize the control of the solenoid valve and the control of the pneumatic punch movement.
Features of Pneumatic Punching Machine
1. Using compressed air as the power source, it is highly efficient and easy to operate, with simple structure and minimal maintenance.
2. Using a microcomputer control system, the model can be manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic. Heating mold, temperature control, and pressure sensor can be added. The structure is simple.
3. Equipped with anti-rotation guide rods and guide plates, with high precision, which can adapt to high-speed precision blanking.
4. The height, speed, stroke, pressure, and stamping time can be adjusted arbitrarily according to different products or molds.
5. There is no noise generated by the hydraulic system when it is on standby, which can save power consumption and reduce production costs.
6. Two-hand control mode or foot pedal mode can be selected to ensure the personal safety of the operator.
The Structure of Pneumatic Stamping Machine
The picture below shows the popular style of pneumatic punch structure in detail for your reference.
The Differences Between Pneumatic And Mechanical Power Press
As the two most widely used types of punches, pneumatic punches are always compared with mechanical punches. What are the differences between them?
- Safety: Compared with traditional punches, pneumatic punching machines have higher safety features;
- Precision: Pneumatic punching machine has higher precision than traditional electric punching machine; upper and lower molds are more convenient than traditional punching machine.
- Speed and power: Pneumatic punch is faster;
- Cylinder: Pneumatic punching presses have air cylinders and need air, while mechanical punching machines do not need air cylinders;
- Price: The price of a pneumatic punch is higher than a traditional mechanical punch.
- Braking method: Mechanical punch presses use traditional braking methods. The most common one is the mechanical key brake. The main punching power comes from the impulse generated by the motor driving the flywheel and the flywheel driving the crankshaft. An electric punch press is also called the press, which is a traditional machining method of the stamping process. This kind of machine tool can save product data and power, and its power is relatively low compared with a pneumatic punching machine. The operator’s skill requirements are not high, so the existing safety hazards are also dangerous.
- Cost-effective: Nowadays, the punching field of various metal and non-metal pipes and plates are mostly done by mechanical punching machines. The mechanical punching press is not only noisy, but also pollutes the environment, and its messy structural components determine its high cost, difficult repair, high repair cost, bulky body, and high power consumption. The operation is messy, the failure rate is high, and the safety hazard is high.
- The pneumatic punching machine is more hygienic and clean. It uses advanced photoelectric maintenance skills, which can greatly improve safety performance. The cooperation of computer counting and programs can complete unattended processing procedures and greatly increase the power of operations.
The Most Popular Pneumatic Power Press Models
At present, the JH21 series of the dry clutch, collapse type insurance open fixed table pneumatic punch presses are widely popular among consumers in the market. This type of pneumatic punch has the following characteristics:
- Steel plate welded high-rigidity fuselage;
- The main motor adopts Siemens motor;
- Combined dry pneumatic friction clutch and brake;
- Gear pair is immersed in oil for lubrication;
- Rectangular six-sided lengthened guide rail;
- Rigid collapse type safety device;
- The slider is equipped with a lifting balance cylinder device (except JH21-25T);
- Imported double solenoid valve;
- JH21-160T and above adopt electric concentrated oil forced lubrication system;
- The balance cylinder adopts a manual thin oil lubrication system;
- Equipped with a set of blowing devices;
- International brand PLC control;
- International brand contractors, buttons, indicator lights;
- Optional air cushion device, automatic feeding shaft device, photoelectric protection device, can be matched with various automation equipment.
Precautions For The Use of Pneumatic Punching Machines
The following are the operating precautions of pneumatic punches, which are summarized by our engineers and are very practical tips in actual operation:
1. Before starting up, the operator first drains the balancer cylinder and clutch brake of the machine tool.
2. After draining the water, the operator will give oil to the balancer oiler and manual butter oiler of the machine tool and press four times.
Note: The oil level cannot be lower than the 1/3 position of the oil cup, and also pay attention to the gearbox. The oil level and ultra-conform to the oil level of the fuel tank.
3. Check whether the relays in the electrical box of the punch press are loose or fall off. (Should be operated by professionals)
4. The operator should check the brake air pressure of the machine every day to confirm whether it is between (4.5MPA-5.5MPA). The brake air pressure cannot be lower than this value. The balancer air pressure value should be adjusted according to the corresponding table of the machine. The general small mold is the balance point between (2MPA-4MPA), and there is one point to remember that the pressure value of the overload pressure gauge is the factory value. It can not be adjusted by measuring and adjusting the instrument. Only notify the press manufacturer and professionals to adjust (because this value is not adjusted properly, the machine is prone to overload without protection and the machine is out of major problems).
5. The operator should check whether the oil level of the off-brake intake oil cup is normal, whether the double solenoid valve muffler has accumulated water, and if there is accumulated water, it must be drained in time (provided that the off-brake oil cup is refueled and the silencer drained The machine is not running).
6. The operator must perform cleaning work after the machine operation is completed every day.