Estimated reading time: 11 minutes
In industrial production, the punch press undertakes a large number of repetitive operations. At present, many companies can use manual work when using the equipment, and the operator directly takes out the parts from the mold cavity. In order to improve production efficiency, one day may be repeated as a long working time, and the operator is very physically exhausted, and it is easy to paralyze the mind, which leads to the occurrence of safety accidents.
Increasing, the production process of the production organization, the lax management, and the coordination of production personnel are prone to safety hazards. Taken together, the above factors can cause hand injuries to operators, and serious safety accidents.
If the punch press does not have corresponding protective measures, it is easy to cause safety accidents. Therefore, the installation of corresponding protection devices on the punching equipment is the top priority of the company’s safe production. It can not only protect the safety of the operator during operation but also in the greatest danger. Therefore, the bed bottom protection device has the role of talking about it.
Punch safety protection device is a general term, including many kinds of devices; the specific way of expression in actual application is also different. Generally, there are six common safety protection devices for punch press:
1. Punching machine light curtain
The photoelectric protection device is also called safety grating and belt. Its working principle is to form a protection grating through a set of infrared rays; when the grating is blocked, the photoelectric protection device sends a signal to control potentially dangerous machinery and equipment to stop working and reduce the work of workers Goals in the work.
Photoelectric protection devices can be divided into three types, namely:
- Opposite type: high detection accuracy, four levels of safety;
- Reflective: The detection accuracy is relatively low, and a small number of safety levels are four;
- Diffuse type: the highest in the third level of safety.
Regardless of how small the photoelectric protection device is, it has many unexpected advantages:
- Perfect self-checking function: When the safety light curtain protector fails, make sure not to send wrong signals to the controlled electrical appliances.
- Strong anti-interference ability: The system has good anti-interference ability against electromagnetic signals, stroboscopic lights, welding arcs, and surrounding light sources.
- Easy installation and debugging, simple wiring, and beautiful appearance.
- Using surface mount technology, superior shock resistance, water, and oil resistance.
- Comply with Class 4 safety level of the International Electrotechnical Society IEC61496-1/2 standard, designed in accordance with European and Italian standards, and has passed CE certification.
- Short response time (=<20ms), high safety, and reliability.
- Ultra-small design with a width and thickness of only 30*30mm, which effectively reduces the installation space; the light curtain is connected with the cable through the aviation plug, which can be accurately, quickly, and easily installed and unloaded and wired.
It is precise because of powerful functions and excellent features that photoelectric protection devices have become the most effective and widely used industrial safety protection equipment. And its price is not expensive, considering it all, it is very cost-effective.
2. Protective cover and protective fence
This safety protection measure is a transparent protective cover or metal fence installed on the mechanical equipment to protect the personal safety of the operator. Its function is to isolate people from the moving parts of the equipment so that no part of the human body can be directly entered. Dangerous areas that cause mechanical damage. They are mostly made of metal materials to meet the strength requirements. Commonly have a closed structure, a net-like structure, or a perforated structure.
They are generally made of fixed type, and open or adjustable types are also commonly used in mechanical parts that often require adjustment or maintenance. This method is similar to the principle of the photoelectric protection device, but the photoelectric protector is an invisible protective barrier, which has no interference to the production operations and the actions of the operators, and the flexibility of the protective cover or the protective fence is relatively poor.
3. Safety button
This button is very common on press equipment. In order to avoid hurting the operator’s hand, according to production needs, the press slide is set at 100-200mm before the bottom dead center. The operator must press the safety button once before the slide continues to descend, otherwise, it will stop automatically.
Because an operation action is added, the operator is reminded and protected.
4. Two-hand operation control buttons
As the name implies, when starting the punching machine, since the two buttons are connected in series, the left and right hands need to press the start buttons on the left and right sides of the button box together to start the equipment, avoiding potential safety hazards when workers start the buttons while operating the machine, Fundamentally prevent the occurrence of such accidents, thereby greatly improving the safety factor of machine operation. At the same time, there is an emergency stop button in the middle of the button box, which is convenient for stopping immediately in an emergency.
The two-hand operation button box should be divided into three holes, five holes, seven holes, and the supporting bracket of the button box. Generally speaking, the main body of the two-hand operation button box is made of sheet metal material of 2mm cold pressboard, and the installation accessories are 3mm, cold pressboard. The appearance of the button box is made of industrial gray chrysanthemum pattern spray, which can play a good oil and fingerprint resistance. The effect is good, the stain resistance is good, the texture is comfortable, and the cost performance is high.
The installation method of the two-hand operation button box is very flexible. It can be installed on the top, on the rear, on the bottom, without installation accessories (suitable for the supporting button box bracket or self-punching installation), and the supporting bracket for the button box can be placed on the ground alone; operation The personnel can choose the installation location by themselves considering the specific production environment and operating habits.
5. Combination of handle and pedal
The working model of this safety protection device is as follows: When the press starts to work, only the handle is pressed first by hand, so that the tip of the door brake on the start lever is pulled out; then the foot pedal can be stepped on to start the device Can combine to make the press work.
This allows the operator’s hand to naturally leave the danger zone before the press slide is lowered, avoiding injury accidents caused by misoperation of the foot when the hand is in the danger zone.
6. Power press Anti-hitting device
The punch press is called continuous punching. In a single operation, the sudden or intermittent mode is to appear continuously. This situation is a more dangerous situation. If you send, take and release the material by hand, hands will appear. Because of the safety accident of being crushed, the punching machine must be stopped and checked immediately, and the connection source can be found to solve the problem before it can be used.
The reasons for the continuous rush are:
- The operator’s thoughts are not concentrated, and the switch is manufactured by mistake;
- Electrical interference, the surrounding electrical equipment has electromagnetic interference, which causes the machine to perform electrical performance and cause wrong actions;
- Electrical components are out of order, contactors and intermediate relay contacts are not sticking, PC controller output points are sticking, external input signals are interfered to cause malfunctions, etc.;
- Mechanical failure, the turnkey of the lock-up clutch is stuck, and the electromagnet does not disengage the residual magnetism. Friction, friction damage, compression, deformation, no disengagement, magnetic seizure, no disengagement, etc.
These devices are to prevent accidents that occur when the person’s foot is directly stepped on the pedal after the contact fails, and if the press operator runs the accident.
The following picture is a schematic diagram of the counterfeit anti-continuous taxi device:
This punch press anti-continuous punching safety protection device effectively solves the problem of damage to the workpiece and personnel during the “continuous punching” of the punch; the technical solutions to be solved include the first liquid storage tank, the second liquid storage tank and the third liquid storage tank A tank, a first piston is installed in the first liquid storage tank, a telescopic rod is fixedly connected to the upper surface of the first piston, a first pipe is connected between the first liquid storage tank and the second liquid storage tank, and a first pipe is installed on the first pipe The first one-way valve, the second liquid storage tank and the third liquid storage tank are connected with a second pipe, the third liquid storage tank and the first liquid storage tank are connected with a third pipe, and the third pipe is installed The second one-way valve; a liquid level sensor is installed in the second liquid storage tank, a second piston is installed in the second liquid storage tank, a top cover is provided at the upper port of the second liquid storage tank, and the lower surface of the top cover is opened In the sliding groove, a vertical rod is arranged above the second piston, the upper end of the vertical rod is placed in the sliding groove, a cross rod is installed in the top cover, and the left end of the cross rod is connected with a braking device; this device has an ingenious structure, safe and effective.
In addition, to equip the punch press with necessary safety protection measures, our operators must firmly establish the “safety first” idea when operating the punch press, strictly implement the operation process, prevent accidents, and ensure personal safety, equipment safety, and product quality stability. The following are some tips, I hope to help you:
- Punch workers must be trained and learned, master the structure and performance of the punch, familiar with the operating procedures and precautions, and can operate only after they are qualified; start with the simplest, and have experienced technicians to guide, inspect and confirm safety After that, it can be operated independently.
- When you go to work, you should first wear labor protection supplies, and remove the sundries on the worksite before starting the punch.
- When disassembling molds, taking materials, and inspecting molds, be sure to turn off the power first. Wait for the punching machine to stop working before working.
- After the punch is started, you cannot put your hands in the punch working area or touch the moving parts of the punch with your hands. Leave immediately after stepping on the pedal, and you can’t step on it continuously.
- When the punch is started or in the operation of the punching system, the operator must sit in a proper posture, keep a certain distance between the hands and head and the punch, and be concentrated when operating. Talking, laughing, looking around, and making phone calls are forbidden, and working with illness is prohibited.
- When punching short and small workpieces, special tools such as pliers, hooks, tweezers, clamps, etc. should be used correctly, and no direct feeding or picking by hands is allowed. When punching long parts, safety racks should be set or other safety measures should be taken to avoid digging injuries.
- Mold installation must be checked regularly, and if there is looseness or slippage, it should be adjusted in time.
- Turn off the power when the work is finished, wipe the mold clean, and spray anti-rust oil.
- Do daily maintenance to ensure safe operation.