Estimated reading time: 10 minutes
With the continuous development of science and technology, the CNC turret punching machine has gradually come into our field of vision. It belongs to the product of automatic program control system, which is used in many fields and is widely loved by people. What kind of machine is it? What is its structure? What are the characteristics? I believe you must have a lot of questions, and I hope this article can help you!
Turret punching machine overview
It is an important category of CNC machine tools, mainly composed of the control system, main drive system, feeding system, turntable, mold, and peripheral programming software, etc. It is a combination of machine, electricity, liquid, and gas, which can be carried out on the plate. High-speed precision flexible processing equipment for blanking and other forming processing. As key equipment in the field of sheet metal processing, the CNC turret punch press has more than 70 years of application and development history. It has become automobile manufacturing, engineering machinery, hardware, household appliances, computers, instrumentation, electronic information, and textile machinery. The most important process equipment in the industry.
The CNC turret punching machine is composed of a computer control system, a mechanical or hydraulic power system, a servo feeding mechanism, a mold library, a mold selection system, and a peripheral programming system. It is a processing program compiled by programming software (or manual). The servo feeding mechanism sends the sheet to the position to be processed. At the same time, the mold selection system selects the corresponding mold in the mold library. The hydraulic power system performs punching according to the program. Finish the processing of the workpiece.
The turret punch has 4 motion axes, which are:
X-axis: the servo drive axis that moves the workpiece along the direction perpendicular to the length of the bed;
Y-axis: the servo drive axis that moves the workpiece along the direction parallel to the length of the bed;
A-axis: Rotating turret-type tool magazine selects the rotating axis of the mold;
C axis: the rotating axis for automatic mold indexing, which can rotate the mold at any angle.
Turret punching process
The typical processing technology of CNC turret punching machines mainly includes two kinds of punching and forming.
The blanking process is usually also called the material separation process, which means that the processed material is separated by shearing along a closed or unclosed contour under the action of an external force. The blanking process can either be directly punched into finished parts, or blanks can be prepared for the next process such as bending, deep drawing, and forming.
Generally, the blanking process is mainly divided into the following four modes:
- Single punch
Complete punching in a single pass, including straight-line distribution, circular arc distribution, circumferential distribution, and punching of grid holes.
- Continuous punching in the same direction.
It is possible to process elongated holes, trimming, etc. by using the method of partially overlapping rectangular molds. When using this blanking mode, the superimposition of the die during the blanking process will cause the blanking load to deviate from the die center (eccentric load), which will cause torsional deformation of the machine tool structure and may damage the die in severe cases. , When the thick plate is punched with a large load, the overlap of the die should be reduced as much as possible to reduce the unbalanced load.
- Continuous punching in multiple directions.
This is a processing method that uses small molds to process large holes, which can increase the flexibility of the machine tool and expand the processing range of the mold. In this blanking mode, it is usually necessary to rotate the punch to different angles through a rotating station and to coordinate the positioning movement of the feeding mechanism on the XOY plane to complete.
- Nibbles and punching.
This is a processing mode that uses a small circular die to continuously punch out arcs or spline curves in small steps and is common. Because small circles are used for fitting, the contour accuracy and section quality are usually not high, and the punching efficiency is low. When the punching size is large and the number is large, it is recommended to use a special punching die.
The forming process refers to the processing method in which the sheet material is subjected to an external force, the stress exceeds the yield point of the material, and a certain shape and size are obtained through plastic deformation. It mainly includes rolling, shallow drawing, flanging, bending, etc., the main components of some typical parts Forming characteristics and supporting molds.
- Single forming, according to the mold shape, one-time shallow deep drawing processing method. With this forming mode, the shape and size of the mold must correspond to the processed features one-to-one, which is exactly the same as the processing mode of the ordinary press. A completely “rigid” processing mode.
- Continuous forming, forming methods that are larger than the mold size, such as large-size shutters, rolling ribs, rolling steps and other processing methods.
The forming process of the sheet is comprehensively affected by various factors such as the mechanical properties of the material, the thickness of the sheet, the forming temperature, and the forming speed. It involves various aspects such as material elastic deformation, plastic deformation, work hardening, material anisotropy, etc., showing a high degree of It is non-linear and its forming mechanism is extremely complicated, so it is difficult to analyze it through traditional mechanics formulas in actual production. In the computer virtual environment, the finite element method is used to simulate the material forming process, which can realize the prediction and evaluation of elastic rebounds, cracks, and wrinkles in the forming process, which is conducive to the in-depth study of the forming mechanism. In industrial production, finite element analysis can guide mold design and optimize forming process parameters, which has immeasurable practical application value. Currently commonly used software mainly includes ANSYS, ABAQUS, MAC, LS-DYNA, DYNAFORM, etc.
Turret punching station
General thick turret molds are generally classified according to the aperture size that the mold can process to facilitate the selection of molds. It is usually divided into five gears: A, B, C, D, and E.
A(1/2”) station: processing range φ1.6～φ12.7mm
B(1-1/2”) station: processing range φ12.7～φ31.7mm
C(2”) Station: Processing range φ31.7～φ50.8mm
D(3-1/2”) station: processing range φ50.8～φ88.9mm
E(4-1/2”) station: processing range φ88.9～φ114.3mm
Turret punch application industry
Turret punching machines are widely used in the stamping process of machinery, electrical appliances, meters, screens, hardware, various metal plates, boxes, cabinets, and other industries. The single punching method and the nibbling punching method are used to punch out holes and parts of various shapes and sizes, which is especially suitable for the punching of a variety of medium and small batches or single-piece plates.
How to choose the right turret punch?
You can choose the turret punch that suits your company based on the following three points:
- According to the driving mode of CNC turret punch press
According to the driving mode of the CNC turret punching machine, the driving mode of the CNC turret punch press has three modes: mechanical, hydraulic, and all-electric servo.
- Mechanical turret punch. This structural form has single motion characteristics, narrow processing range, low stamping frequency, high noise, easy wear of clutches and brakes, and low life. It has been basically eliminated by the market.
- Hydraulic turret punch. The beating head is driven by a hydraulic cylinder, and stamping is controlled by an electro-hydraulic servo valve. This type of product has been the mainstream product in the market for a long period of time. Compared with the mechanical type, its advantage is that the stamping process is expanded, the stamping frequency is increased, and the noise is reduced. However, there are disadvantages such as oil pollution, high power consumption, poor environmental and temperature tolerance, low reliability, and difficult maintenance.
- All-electric servo turret punch press. With the improvement and promotion of high-torque servo motors and drive systems in recent years, the all-electric servo turret punch press has made great progress, and gradually replaced the hydraulic structure, becoming the mainstream product of the industry.
- The thickness of the turret
- The thickness of the turret determines the amount of deformation of the turret. A thin turret has a much higher deformation probability than a thick turret. Once the turret is deformed, it will directly cause mold gnawing and cannot be repaired, so the turret can only be replaced. Thick turrets are currently used both domestically and internationally.
- The use of a thick turret makes the mold have good centering, high guiding accuracy, strong anti-eccentric load ability, and greatly improves the service life of the mold.
- Module number of turret
At present, most CNC turret punching machines on the market are mostly 32-station machines, but 32-station machines are still relatively wasteful for most users. In fact, 24 stations, 20 and 18 stations are more practical. In addition, there are also 16-station turret punches for everyone to choose from, but this type of machine does not have a D station and cannot be used for blinds, so it is not very convenient to use.
There is no such problem for stations 18 and above, and they all have at least one D station. In addition, many users are engaged in communication and high and low voltage. The amount of this piece is usually relatively large. Our engineers suggest that there is a budget of 32 stations. It is better to buy two 18 or 24 stations. Of the machine. The efficiency of the two machines is much faster than that of one. In case one machine fails, the other can work normally, and the production schedule can be maintained to a certain extent.
How to maintain your turret punching machine?
Just as cars need maintenance, HARSLE CNC turret punching machine is also maintained. The better the maintenance, the longer the life of the CNC punching machine, and the more flexible it is used, it can play the best state in machining.
The following are the execution items that the turret punch press should be maintained every six months:
- Photoelectric safety device performance test and projection angle and area test adjustment;
- Check the appearance of other parts of the electrical system, contact wear and loose connection, etc.;
- The oil circuit of the overload protection device is cleaned, the oil chamber is cleaned, the oil is renewed, and the pressure action and function test adjustments.
- Check and adjust the wear and tension of the V-belt of the main motor;
- Disassembly of the various parts of the brake release mechanism (not included in the flywheel) for cleaning, maintenance, clearance inspection and adjustment, and assembly and re-commissioning;
- The other parts of the balancer are disassembled, cleaned, inspected, and reinstalled.